Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Renovation Update...


Well hello friends! and welcome to the reveal....um... not quite how I wanted it to sound :)
Actually, today was the first day I felt somewhat pleased we did all the stuff we did...survived the dust, the dirt, the noise, the chaos...and "The Fall"...


Do you all remember the disaster that was our entrance...and the TV room? Here is the new look...still missing some flowers and general dusting etc , but all in all I am pleased that some of the space in our house is semi-habitable... Do you like it?

This fireplace is the spot we spend most of our winter evenings here in SA...it gets mighty cold this time of the year, and there really is nothing nicer than a real fire to sit next to...


Some faded, vintage looking cushions for the window seat... nice spot for a snooze in the sun...


Although my favourite colour is pink, you can see that I just LOVE red for a house...


The floors are still very dusty...hopefully things will look better after a good cleaning session...

A little Happy Birthday wish to Jenna... and a get better wish for little Erin...

Have a good evening folks...
Lots of Love,
Heidi ☺

11 comments:

K said...

Heidi - how on earth did you finish so quickly? The room is graceful and lovely. You've done a wonderful job of combining a cozy, fire-side feeling with a nice formal elegance. It's a room made for having conversations, or reading by firelight, or writing letters by the bay window. The red gives it vibrance. Our house is very American mountain, home spun craft - yours has the elegant comfort of a graceful, dignified, but warm and welcoming country house.

May I please come visit tomorrow? I promise to behave. Oh- but there's that matter of a continent and an ocean -

Linda said...

Dear Heidi,
Your home is looking so Beautiful my friend!! I love it!! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes for Jenna and the well wishes for Erin:)
Love
Linda

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Wonderful renovation and love this blog!
First visit here...
Love all your tutorials....
Must keep you on my blogroll for future reference...Like when I get stuck on something!!!!
Thanks for the great visit,
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...
Love you crafty girls!!!!!

Stop over when you have a minute!

nocton4 said...

so gorgeous, wonderful home x

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking gorgeous! You have a lovely blog, Heidi...I'll be back to visit regularly!

Sue

Lori said...

Heidi, you home looks so inviting and comfy. You should be very proud. What a lovely wonderful home you have.
Lori
PS. My package arrived yesterday. It is so wonderful. Thank you very much.
Lori

Erica said...

LOVE IT!!! I knew you'd be able to get through that period of total disarray. What a delightful end result. I especially love those regal-looking red chairs!

Louise said...

wow Heidi that room looks scruptious !! I love it !!

Nicole Vangen said...

So happy for you Heidi! Your package, uh hum, is in the mail.

I finally lifted my hands up to the sky and put together something that came from my heart.

I hope it bring you good energy and a sense of well-being.

Love, Nicole

Matilde said...

Hola,me gusta tu casa y tu blog un saludo.

Giusy Jdeebella said...

Hi Heidi, just found your blog and love it!
gorgeous house renovation and I love the window seat!! I wonder how many crochet do you'll make there :))