Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

No New year's resolutions methinks....





...and so a New Year is upon us...

Quite something folks...we are indeed living in historic times. After all the Mayan apocalypse hysterics, it seems we are to still trudge through the same-as-usual New Year's resolutions quicksand...I can safely say that my enthusiastically envisioned resolutions for 2012 died a quick and (in retrospect) merciful death...
It feels like a lifetime ago that I posted about the great plans I had to do more of this, and more of that, and even get this and the next thing done during 2012...hmmmm...



This year I will not make any New Years Resolutions...instead I think I will try to make an effort to achieve ONE thing a week...a DO-ABLE thing, something non-earth shattering that may be good for me/my family/others...something possibly unnecessary, but if achieved, very satisfying.
Life is so full of surprises and so unpredictable, that achieving even small things could be a big win :)

Are you planning New Years Resolutions? What do you think will make you achieve them?

Perhaps my goal for this week is to finish writing up a pattern I have been working on...a cute and fun knit...

Whatever your take on resolutions, I wish all my blog readers a healthy, blessed and calm 2013...

7 comments:

Lin said...

Happy new year to you and yours and thank you very much for a lovely " blog-year".

Petunia Pill said...

I'm glad to see a post from you...had begun to wonder what happened to you! You are always so inspirational. Your idea of keeping the resolutions do-able...great idea....sets you up for successes. Hugs, Annette

Sweet Seahorse said...

I never bother with resolutions and this year is no different. That said I am moving to a new house this weekend and I hope to establish a vegetable garden so that is my resolution!
xXx Helen

flipperine said...

bonne année

Mereknits said...

So happy to see you blogging. Happy New Year, may 2013 be a wonderful year.
Hugs,
Meredith

Susan said...

Happy New Year! So glad to see you blogging again, I have missed your voice.

Riana said...

Hi Heidi!
I stumbled onto your blog today, and just had to buy your Lollo bear pattern! Now to find the time to make it...
Seems we have a few things in common - same occupation, living on the East coast of South Africa (well, close to the coast, in Pietermaritzburg), loving all kinds of crafts, etc.
Will be following your blog with interest from now on.
Best wishes for 2013!
Regards
Riana